Maks is one of a small number of Dalmatians worldwide that carries two copies of the desirable SLC2A9 gene therefore every puppy he produces will have one copy of the gene and therefore Low Uric Acid (LUA)! Emily has one copy of the LUA gene so we expect some of these puppies to have two copies! This beautiful litter is the result of breeding an outcrossed female back to her sire. I believe that homozygous puppies from this litter will be very useful in incorporating the LUA gene in other bloodlines. They are very healthy and consistent.



Tuesday, January 29, 2013

And Then There Was None.......

I have done everything possible to give these puppies the very best start in life. It was an adventure that I hadn't expected but now that they are all in their new homes and I have time to reflect on the last four months I have come to the conclusion it was time well spent. I have been told that I was blessed and I have to agree. All eigth puppies were beautiful, healthy, bilateral hearing LUA puppies. All were sweet and smart with expressive dark eyes, beautiful heads and gorgeous ear carriage. I had a very hard time letting the last one go. My brain knew I couldn't keep him but my heart felt much differently.  Soooo...Tonight Indian went to his new home where I am sure he will be a very much loved member of his new family! They are going to keep his name Indian too! So tomorrow the puppy pen will be dismantled again. Maybe forever this time.
Here is Indian with his new family Charles, Brooke and sons. I'm sure Indian will enjoy having two boys of his very own to play with!
 
Indian enjoying the snow!

Maks and Indian

AND THEN THERE WERE FOUR!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like all your hard work has paid off and these puppies have had a great start in life. Lets not be so quick ro retire the puppy pen. You are a fabulous breeder and cannot deprive the world of that! Well done my friend! Now - go and catch up on your sleep :)

    ReplyDelete